Wednesday, September 15, 2010

How do things get to be UFOs?

There is something that I wonder about in knitting. I see a pattern and grab some yarn and start to work on it with great enthusiasm. I like the way the yarn looks, every thing is going along nicely and suddenly, I loose interest. Sometimes it is because I have a problem with the pattern, but a lot of times there is no reason. I tuck in back in the closet where it reproaches me each time I see it. I try not to look too deeply into the closet while I do my best to keep thoughts of the cost of the yarn and the time invested. Yuk! I do not want to do this project.

AND then... one day, I look at my knitting and fall in love again. Now the color is lovely, the pattern is interesting and I am raring to go. Has the yarn changed? No. Has the pattern changed? No! Obviously, the knitter has changed, but how? I swear I am the same person who looked into the closet a month ago. Is it hormonal? Have my biorhythms changed, is Venus in a different house (whatever that means)?

Now, if I could find an answer to that question and turn it into a potion, I could get rich!!!! Just think...upon nearing the closet, you take a pill and slowly approach. Wow! You can't wait to get back to that pattern you started in the 70s! (Well, perhaps not the 70s. Some fashion eras do not bear repeating.) Now you love your project and can't wait to start knitting. Think how much money you would save!! Maybe you could even use the pills for other things that have been started and not completed. If only...

No comments: