Monday, September 20, 2010

Charity Knitting - more projects done!

I am on a roll. I got 2 more chemo caps done and finished an isolette blanket. I'll upload some photos when I find all the cords and things I need to download my photos. Nothing is going to happen if I can't get the camera charged up again and that cord seems to be elusive.

For the isolette blanket I used a tiny mock cable that I frequently used years ago. It is such a sweet pattern for baby things and it is so small that tiny fingers don't get caught up in it easily.

I met a knitter from Ravelry this morning at the Kafe Haus in Fernandina. We had no problem picking each other out of the crowd...who else is dragging bags with sticks sticking out and balls of color peeking over the edge. I hope we can get a few more knitters to meet with us. I did the finishing on the charity projects I had with me and then picked up a sweater for my granddaughter out of lavender Fluffy. That was in my UFO basket also, so I am looking forward to counting that in my list of finished projects.

I am making some progress on my project to inventory all my books and needles. I entered some more on Ravelry, but I find that I have to take photos of some of my books and, of course, I need the camera. I have also gathered a number of old projects and put the yarn and pattern in the bag so I am ready for the next one when I finish.

I am trying to do my UFOs in an 80/20 ratio. I work on UFOs 80%of the time and new projects 20% of the time. I am only doing this for one year and if I make it, I get to go with my sister on a Virginia Shop Hop next spring. Even my 20% should be from my stash unless I find a really good sale; We shall see.

No comments: