Friday, September 10, 2010

Back in town

Yeah! I am back in town again in my own little house..which is now a mess because I am starting a project to gather all my needles and hooks and take an inventory. That means getting out more unfinished projects and evaluating them.

I GOT EVERY UNFINISHED PROJECT I BROUGHT WITH ME TO VIRGINIA FINISHED!!!!! What a high! I made 4 pair of hunting socks, 2 pair of regular socks for presents this Christmas, a vest for my granddaughter's friend, 3 mittens (one for spare), Charles' sweater, a novelty scarf, a baby sweater, and ??? I can't remember, but I photographed them and will upload soon. Every single project had something wrong with it, which is how it got to be an UFO in the first place.

I also made about 10 chemo caps for From the Heart, a sweater for Addie which I didn't bring quite enough yarn to finish the last sleeve, 2 more baby sweaters, designed and started an incubator blanket and an Aran sweater for Eli.

I can hardly stand myself I am so tickled! I accomplished this marvel because I had my mother and sister around me to talk to while figured out what was wrong, unknitted the mess, corrected the problem and finished the project. If I was at home, I would be mumbling about the yarn, the pattern developer (mainly me), the fickle knitting goddess etc. I also brought these projects in their own little bag and when I went somewhere, I only took that bag...no other choice:)

So now, I am going upstairs to sort out some more projects and see how well I can keep this up. I did bring back some beautiful fall colored sock yarn that I am going to make for myself and I am trying to decide if I start it before Addie's sweater or after. Since I live in Florida, I think I will finish the sweater first so Addie can wear it (if it ever gets below 80 degrees!)

No comments: